SPATIAL DESIGN I / PROJECT 01




Week 02
In week 02, Mr. Zeon briefed us on the first part of our project 01, which required us to research an architect or interior designer to understand their background and study one of their famous projects. I chose Auditorio De Tenerife by Santiago Calatrava as my research project because I used to get inspired by its curved form for my final projects in foundation studies. I was amazed by the sculptured form that looked like a sailboat crashing towards the huge wave.

Week 03 to Week 05
Mr. Zeon introduced the second part of our project, which required us to research an interactive space or installation to study the technology, design concept, design elements and principles used. The interactive space can be museums or exhibitions, as long as interactive technology is being applied to encourage engagement between users and the virtual world while letting users immerse themselves through the whole designed journey. 

As I visited Van Gogh Alive and Art & Symphony before, which were two immersive exhibitions that showcased the beauty of art and the background of artists using interactive technology, I wished to share my experience of going through the immersive journey. I wanted to choose Van Gogh Alive Malaysia initially, but I found that there's no floor plan displayed on the Internet, so I decided to choose Art and Symphony as my research project. 

Art & Symphony-The Immersive Journey was located in Fahrenheit 88, Kuala Lumpur, and was being organised by FrameMotion. It's Malaysia's first themed artists and musicians experience exhibition curated with digital art, art installations and music which offers a multisensory experience for all who seek inspiration and enrichment through the beauty of art and music. 

Project 01 showcase

Comments